Light up dog collars are instrumental in protecting your dog’s life once night falls. Your pooch can roam freely and safely. Light up collars don’t only keep your pup safe at night but also allows you to see him easily when he goes out to do his business.
The light up collars on our list will help you keep track of your dog at night, ensuring car drivers and pedestrians can see him in the dark. Plus, the evening poop can be collected without any risk of standing in it as you can see where your dog stopped.
If you are considering a light up collar for your furry friend, then keep reading to find out the best light up dog collar on the market as well as the key features to look for and some answers to frequently asked questions.
Light Up Dog Collar Reviews
Blazin' Safety LED Dog Collar
No matter whether you are in your backyard, neighborhood, or taking a stroll down the street, this collar will ensure that your pup can be seen wherever he goes.
This light up colors has a USB rechargeable battery that lasts a while. You can see your dog from up to 350 yards away. This collar has a slim bulb strip and an on/off switch. This collar can run for more than 8 hours from a single charge.
The collar has three light settings – blink, strobe, and solid. There are a variety of colors to choose from and there are sizes from XS to XXL. This collar also comes with a 100% lifetime guarantee which speaks to its quality.
- Blazin' Security! Competition crushing visibility of 350 yards. Be seen by traffic, saving you or your pet's life.
- Top Technology! Slimmest bulb strip and on/off box. Cheap knock-offs have short unevenly lit solid strips or bulbs too big to allow for resizing. Don't let your pup look silly with a half lit neck.
- Charge From Any Device! Runs over 7 hours. Track your pet when camping, on evening hikes or if lost at night.
- Looks Great! 3 modes (on, strobe, blink). 1" wide. Assorted colors. Sizes run slightly large. Illuminate and protect your pup, and have him look good too.
- 100% LIFETIME GUARANTEE! Our competitors offer limited guarantees. If you are dissatisfied with our product you get your money back. NO RISK. Order Now.
What I like
The lights are very durable and bright. The collar boasts a nifty 360 degree design that has wraparound lights for full coverage. The customer care service is also stellar.
What I don’t like
The only con that users mentioned about this collar is that your pup may switch the collar off accidentally when he scratches himself, but this is quite uncommon.
Illumiseen LED Dog Collar
This rechargeable collar is made from strong nylon materials with a plastic quick-clasp buckle, metal D ring, and a control box for easy control – everything you need in a great light up collar.
This easy to use, comfortable, adjustable collar is just what you need to keep your pup safe. It is available in 6 colors and sizes, ensuring you can always see your pet, keeping him safe.
You can switch between normal mode, rapid mode, and slow flash mode with just one click. The battery can be charged using a USB charger, taking just 1 hour to get 5 hours of light. This collar is also very lightweight.
This color is made using durable and sturdy materials, giving you a well-made unit that will not give you any hassles with long term use. In fact, this collar comes with a lifetime guarantee. You can get this collar for just about any size or breed of dog and it can be adjusted to get the perfect fit.
- THIS WILL SAVE YOUR DOG'S LIFE - Vehicles will see your dog well in advance with this bright collar - ALL THE TIME
- USER-FRIENDLY, COMFORTABLE AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE - Change the light between steady mode, rapid flashing or slow flashing with just 1 click. Thanks to the easy-to-use clips the LED Dog Collar is no hassle to put on
- USB RECHARGEABLE BATTERY, LIGHTWEIGHT, STURDY & DURABLE MATERIALS - The USB rechargeable battery (cable included) gives 5 hours of illumination per 1-hour charge. A charge that will last multiple walks. No hassle with replacing batteries and no extra costs. On top of that, it's well-constructed and sturdily built. A durable design that will last a lifetime!
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - Order now with peace of mind due to our Lifetime Guarantee. No catches.
- PERFECT TO USE WITH OUR MATCHING LED DOG LEASHES - You and your dog will be even more safe and visible. No matter where you go: you and your dog will be seen. Guaranteed!
What I like
Many users noted that this light up collar is not only fashion forward but also remarkably bright. They also stated that the customer care is very helpful and quick to respond.
What I don’t like
This collar runs slightly bigger, and is not the easiest to adjust, so you need to ensure you purchase the correct size. Some users also didn’t like that the collar isn’t waterproof.
Bseen Led Cut-to-Size Dog Collar
This dog collar provides both safety and comfort for your pet. It is perfect for small to large dogs. The device is very simple to use and brilliant to ensure your pup is visible at night.
This light up silicon tube collar is especially bright and easy to see, allowing you to easily see your pup in low light settings. There are 11 LED lights inside the tube which can be set to light continuously, slow blink, or quick blink at the push of a button. The slow blink is the longest lasting.
This collar is 27 inches long and can be cut or double wrapped to fit your dog, allowing it to suit all sizes and breeds of dog. It is very environmentally friendly thanks to the USB rechargeable battery. You do not need to purchase replacement batteries. It can be recharged using your phone charger.
The Bseen collar is water resistant and lightweight, ensuring that rain and wet grass are no problem.
- LED GLOWING & SAFETY DOG COLLAR - In low light conditions, this LED glowing silicone tube dog collar is very bright and easily seen which is able to assist you keep your dogs safe.
- MUTIPLE LED GLOWING MODE SETTING - There are total 11 LED lights in it and it can be set to quick blink, slow blink or light continuously by pushing the button. Especially slow blink lasts the longest.
- ADJUSTABLE DOG COLLAR - The length of the collar is 27 Inch. It is suitable for various kinds of dog breeds and can be cut to any length to fit your pet and size breeds. Either double wrap the collar on smaller breeds to save from cutting the collar.
- USB RECHARGABLE - The collar is very Eco-friendly. No need batteries, and can be recharged by the USB cable with any other daily use device, e.g. computer USB port or smartphone Chargers.
- LIGHT WEIGHT & WATER RESISTANT - The collar is light weight and water resistant. Wet grass and light rain are not problems. Purchase this led dog collar today while stock lasts by clicking "Add to Cart" above.
What I like
Dog owners report that they love how bright the collar is. Many select to double wrap it instead of cutting it. It is also very affordable for a high quality product.
What I don’t like
There is very little to say about this collar with regards to not liking it. The only issue you may encounter is that the design may look different than anticipated.
BSeen XS LED Dog Collar
This collar is visible from 360 degrees and uses LED and TPU tubes inside nylon webbing to keep your furry friend safe when the sun goes down, ensuring you can always find him.
This ultra-bright collar ensures that your pooch can always be seen once night falls. This collar is 12 inches in length, which is ideal for small dogs and cats. It is very lightweight and durable.
You can select between different light settings: slow flash, quick flash, and steady glow. This collar is charged using a USB charger.
The small collar is easy to use thanks to the adjustable, quick release buckles and the adjustable length. The nylon webbing has reflective, glow-in-the-dark stitches. You can get this collar in 3 different colors. One charge of 2 hours lasts for up to 10 hours on slow flash, 8 hours on quick flash, and 3 hours on steady glow.
- SUPER BRIGHT SAFETY COLLAR: it with leds &TPU light-guiding tube to glow the almost whole tube of the collar, very bright in the dark to keep your pets be seen& be safe.
- XS SIZE SUIT FOR SMALL PETS( CHIHUAHUA, CATS): this collar length is 12 inches, can fit some small pets, small dogs like Chihuahua, or cats. Lightweight for pets.
- ENERGY-SAVING& USB RECHARGEABLE: that you can choose the flash modes( steady glow-quick flash-off) according to different needs, and can be charged by USB after used up.
- EASY TO USE: Just wear this XS led dog collar on your pets by quick release buckle, and adjust the suitable length by adjustable buckles.
- AFTER-SALE SERVICE: If you have any problem for this item, please feel free to contact us anytime, we'd glad to reply you within 24 hours.
What I like
Many users stated that they loved how easy this collar was to use and that it was ideal for any dog or cat owner that wants their pet to be seen at night.
What I don’t like
Some users reported that the battery did not last as long as stated, but was still decent. The lights are also not as bright as anticipated, but bright enough to see your pup a small distance away.
Moco Best Light up LED Nylon Dog Collar
You can enjoy evening walks with your pooch while keeping him safe from harm by making him ultra-visible to drivers. This collar makes your dog very easy to see and is also very comfortable.
This collar ensures that your dog does not get hurt when walking in the dark. It is made from strong and durable nylon that has a bright, powerful LED light the makes your pooch easy to see at night. It is also water resistant, so it can be used in all weather conditions.
There are multiple light options: strobe light, slow blink, and solid on. Operating the light is also extra simple – just push the power button to switch between the settings. Only high-quality nylon was used in the making of this collar, ensuring durability and comfort.
The strong buckle and metal D ring have been made from heavy-duty, rust-resistant metal, and can withstand even the heaviest tension while being comfy enough for regular, comfortable use.
This collar uses a rechargeable high capacity battery. 1 hour of charging results in 7 hours of power. The battery can be charged with a USB charger. This collar also comes with a full money back guarantee speaking to its high quality.
- THE #1 RATED DOG COLLAR: Prevent accidents and keep your dog safe in the dark! This sturdy nylon dog collar is equipped with a bright LED light that will make your pet visible and easy-to-spot at night. It's water resistant and appropriate for use in all weather conditions.
- MULTIPLE LIGHT SETTINGS: With the option to turn the light off, the Moco Best light up dog collar is a great choice for daytime walks as well! It's easy to use - just press the power button repeatedly to switch between ON, slow blink, strobe light and OFF.
- QUALITY MADE PRODUCT: Our mission is to keep pets safe and serene! That's why we only use top-grade nylon material that's comfortable and super-durable. The metal D-ring and strong buckle are constructed of heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant metal. This collar can stand up to heavy tension yet is comfortable enough for pups to wear happily.
- POWERFUL BATTERY & USB CHARGER: Why waste money on batteries? Our LED collar runs on a high-capacity rechargeable battery. 1 charge hour = 7 power hours, or a week's worth of walks. USB charger is included for your convenience.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: In case you experience any order-related issues, we will do anything in our power to make it right! Please contact our customer service team for a favorable solution to your problem, or your money back.
What I like
Users reported that this light up collar was surprisingly bright. The collar is also very well made and will last for many years to come with proper care.
What I don’t like
There were no real concerns with this collar other than that it can’t be worn if your dogs wrestle with each other as it may break the electrical connection.
When it comes to your pup’s safety, you never want to compromise. There are many factors that should play a part in your decision when purchasing a light up collar. These include:
Key Feature #1: Durability
Light up dog collars vary when it comes to quality and durability. You want a high-quality collar that is built to last. Bear in mind that when you buy a collar with an electrical component, it is best to spend a couple of extra dollars, as cheaper collars tend to have electrical failures and also break more easily.
Key Feature #2: Size
Most manufacturers will make harnesses and collars that are adjustable, so they can be used for many years as your dog ages. Getting a collar that is too tight may restrict your pup’s breathing and cause neck injuries, but if it too loose, your dog can easily escape from it or it could slip from his neck.
Key Feature #3: Brightness
All of the collars in this article have been deemed appropriately bright. But if you are choosing a collar that is not on our list, ensure that you test it out to make sure the brightness is adequate. A light up collar that is not bright is neither fun nor useful and completely defeats its purpose.
Key Feature #4: Resistance to Water
Some light up collars are not able to be submerged in water, while some are water resistant. If your pooch enjoys getting wet, be sure to only consider a collar that can withstand getting splashed, or else you will need to remember to remove it every time he wants to take a dip.
Key Feature #5: Price
Your budget will strongly dictate what type of collar you are able to purchase. Always bear in mind that typically, the pricier the collar, the higher the chance that it will be more durable and last longer than cheaper units. Always purchase the best collar that your budget will allow.
Key Feature #6: Batteries or Rechargeable
Most light up dog collars available on the market have a rechargeable battery that uses a USB; however, some still use coin batteries. Rechargeable batteries are environmentally friendly and very convenient, but you may prefer coin batteries as they normally hold their charge considerably longer.
Light Up Dog Collar FAQs
Question 1: How tight should a dog collar be?
Ensuring that your dog’s collar is tight enough without being too tight is important to his health and safety. Always use the 2 finger rule: once you have fastened your pup’s collar, you must be able to slide 2 fingers under his collar very easily. When your fingers are under the collar, the distance between the collar and your dog’s neck should not feel tight, but rather snug and secure.
Question 2: How do I put a collar on a dog?
Placing a collar on your dog should be a simple, stress-free task, but if your pooch does not like his collar, it may be a struggle. Start by getting your dog to sit or lie down. Speak to him in a calm and reassuring voice as your slowly place the collar around his neck from under his chin, allowing you to fasten it behind his head. If the collar needs to be adjusted, remove the collar from your dog to tighten or loosen it. Do not adjust it while he is wearing it.
Question 3: How do I clean a dog collar?
How you clean your dog’s collar will depend on what type of collar he has. But, the following method can be used as a general method that suits most collars. If you regularly clean the collar, it is not tough to maintain. The fastest and simplest way to clean your pooch’s collar is to soak it in hot water mixed with some dog shampoo for 20 minutes. Once it has soaked, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to lightly scrub any dirt and debris from the collar. Rinse the collar using warm water then place the collar on a flat surface in the sun or hang it on your washing line to dry.
If your pup has a light up collar, it is important that you do not get the electrical components wet. Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda and a cup of hot water, and then dip a sturdy cloth into the mixture. Use the cloth to remove any dirt and debris from the collar. Use a clean cloth and warm water to remove the solution, then place the collar on a flat surface in the sun or hang it on your washing line to dry.
Question 4: How do I measure a dog collar?
When measuring your dog for a collar, it is important to get a proper fit. Use a seamstress’ tape measure to measure your dog’s neck by wrapping the tape snuggly around his neck. Ensure that you can place 2 fingers between the tape and your dog’s neck as per the guidelines in question 1. If you cannot find or do not have a tape measure, you can also use a piece of string to measure your pup’s neck. Once you have measured his neck, use a ruler to check the circumference around his neck by pulling the string straight.
Question 5: How do I train my dog with an electronic collar?
Electric collars are devices that are used to train your dog by applying a gentle electric shock to your pup’s neck. It is a wireless device that is powered using batteries. It also comes with a remote transmitter which is used to send signals to your dog’s collar. The shock applied is a mild stimulus that will not hurt your dog; rather it will give him positive punishment for undesirable behaviors. The shock feels much like a static shock feels to humans.
So how do you use an electronic collar to train your dog? Here’s how:
- Before you start, read the instructions that come along with the collar
- Place the batteries in the transmitter and collar
- Put the setting on the lowest option while the collar is OFF
- Calmly place the collar on your dog’s neck as per question 2
- Check that the collar is properly fitted
- Allow your dog to wear the collar for 7 days before you use it
- Once he is used to the collar, turn it on with the setting still on the lowest option
- Begin regular training such as sit, stay, and fetch
- If your dog does not respond, administer a shock, then repeat the instruction
- When your dog responds, reward him immediately with praise and/or a treat
You can also use this collar to control bad behavior by administering a shock when he is doing something like chewing shoes. Do not let your pup see you – he must think his behavior has triggered the shock.
All dog owners want to ensure that their best friend is kept safe when exploring the great outdoors. Any of the light up collars on our list can do just that. Taking a stroll at night or taking your pooch out to do his business after nightfall is much less stressful when using a light up collar. You never have to fret over losing your pup in the dark or that cars are unable to see him.
Naturally, some of these collars are better suited to one size dog, but if you measure properly, do your research, and choose the best collar for your dog, you will surely love the collar and will use it for many adventures and walks in the future.
After carefully considering all of the features of the collars listed above, our recommendation is the Illumiseen LED Dog Collar. This is because of its rechargeable battery pack that gives the collar 5 hours battery life on a single 1 hour charge. There are 3 different lighting modes and you can get this collar in 6 colors and 6 sizes, so you can find one that suits your pooch.