Buying new toys, bones, and other accessories for your precious pup is one of the best parts of being a dog owner. From big fluffy beds to small, tasty treats, giving your dog something fun to play with is gratifying for both of you. In addition to being fun for you to shop, the right toys can be enriching for your dog to play with every day.
But when your dog is constantly destroying every toy that you give them, you may begin to feel disheartened at the prospect of buying them toys anymore. After all, won’t they just destroy it, too?
Worry no more! What you need is one of the best indestructible dog toys! Your dog, like others, needs a toy that can stand up to their level of play. Here are the top options we’ve found and reviewed that fit this need perfectly.
Best Indestructible Dog Toys Reviews
1. Pacific Pups XL Rope Toys
The first toy that we are going to highlight today is this set of three rope-based toys that are specifically made for big dogs that love to chew. Let’s take a closer look.
The Pacific Pups XL Rope Toys is a set of four different dog toys. There are three rope toys and one rubber ball in the set, but the rope toys are the toy that most dog owners use.
The ropes are made out of a super durable rope material and have been rated for safety for your dog. This means that you can play lots of different games with your dog as well as allow them to chew on the rope.
- FREE POOP BAG ROLL & EXTRA LARGE DOG ROPE TOYS FOR XL DOGS - SUPER TOUGH BUT NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE DOG ROPE TOYS - Pacific Pups Products Dog Toys were created to support Pacific Pups Rescue, a non-profit dog rescue in California to feed, shelter and find forever homes for dogs. PPP created the best dog toys with the best of intentions. While your dog is fetching and tugging ropes, you're helping another dog to live and play another day.
- SAFETY TESTED AND PASSED ASTM F-963 CHILDRENS TOY SAFETY STANDARDS & LIFETIME GUARANTEED-Your dog is guaranteed to have a great time with these toys for large dogs for a long time, or your money back! This dog rope toys pack is perfect for tug of war. Enjoy a tug a war game with this set of dog rope toys for extra large dogs. This is a dog rope toys big set that can even be dog rope toys for medium dogs if they need chew teething toys! 3 rope toys for tug & dog ball for fetch
- PERFECT COMBINATION OF DOG TOYS FOR TUG, CHEWING, AND SHAKING - tough dog toys that withstand playtime with large dogs and these tough dog toys will challenge aggressive chewers. These nearly indestructible dog toys will entertain your dog for hours. Not your typical squeaky toys that will be destroyed in minutes - these toys for aggressive chewers will last longer than our competitors. Great dog toys tug of war! Perfect toys for large breed dogs. Great ball toy for large breed dogs.
- DESIGNED FOR LARGE DOGS AND AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS - ALTHOUGH DURABLE, THESE TOYS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE INDESTRUCTIBLE. IF YOUR DOG IS AN EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE CHEWER - ONLY USE UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION. DISCARD WHEN SHOWING SIGNS OF WEAR- This dog toy value pack set includes strong, tough toys, designed for large dogs. These dog rope toys large breed are great for tug-of-war. Durable dog rope toys are great for boredom and bonding with your animal. Much like an antler or flossy chew toys
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We are so certain that your large dog will love these ropes that we offer a full refund if dissatisfied. These dog ropes for large and medium aggressive chewers is a great dog toy assortment including fetch ball, two giant ropes and a rope ball combo. Play fetch or tugging games with your large breed dog and know that the dog toy for boredom will relieve anxiety in your small animal or large dog. Leave these in the dog toy basket and see which puppy chew toy is chosen
These ropes can stand up to tug-of-war, playtime, and general chewing. While they will not last forever, they will last at least three times as long as similar rope toys. If you are not satisfied with how long they last, the company (Pacific Pups) will even give you a money back guarantee.
The toy in this set that has a loop at the top is a bit too thin around that loop. This means that super aggressive chewers may be able to rip that part open and begin to tear apart the fibers. You may have to take this toy away from your dog if it happens, but you can still use the others.
2. Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Dog Toys Ball
Next, we’ll take a closer look at the Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Dog Toys Ball which comes in two different sizes for different dogs. Will this toy be the right choice for your dog?
This play ball for dogs is made out of thermoplastic elastomer. This material, also known as TPE, is very durable, free of dangerous chemicals, and safe for your dog to play with even for long periods of time.
The toy ball comes in two different diameters including 2.5” and 4”, so you can choose which size and color suits your dog’s play style the most.
- SUPER SAFE No toxic BPAs. No phthalates, latex or heavy metals. Nothing bad for her to chew on or ingest. Instead-simply high-quality thermoplastic elastomer material specifically designed with pet safety in mind.
- TOUGH STUFF Rocco proof! Personally tested, pounced upon and thoroughly chewed by Rocco, our resident toy shredder, and found to be virtually indestructible. Fade-resistant and holds up to being left outside in bad weather too!
- PLAY BALL! Just the thing for your playful pup: hours of tail-wagging, fetch-able fun. And stylish too, in sophisticated navy (2.5" ball) or powder blue (4" ball).
- 100% GUARANTEED Made in the U.S.A.. Easy to clean. Backed by our unconditional guarantee: if this ball doesn't hold up to your highest expectations and your dog's craziest roughhousing, bounce it back for a refund.
This is an all-around great ball toy. In addition to being tough and strong enough to stand up to even aggressive chewers, it also rolls, bounces, and can be tossed easily. Thanks to the smart size and weight of the toy, it’s easy and fun to play with for your dog.
The holes that are on this ball make it easy for problem-solving breeds to rip the ball open. If your dog manages to get their teeth in just the right spot, they may be able to rip this apart. That being said, this won’t happen with all dogs and is generally very durable.
3. Otterly Pets Eight-Pack Tough Dog Toys
Now let’s take a look at the Otterly Pets Eight-Pack Tough Dog Toys. This set of nearly indestructible toys is ideal for providing a good variety of toy types.
This set is another pack of durable toys. The value pack includes eight different types of toys. The toys that are included are mostly rope based, but there are a few different rubber and nylon components on the toys which add to their interest and durability.
The rope on these toys is a tightly wound cotton material. The tennis ball and other plastic materials are all made from food-grade plastic that the company says is safe for your dog to chew while they are playing.
- Our DURABLE 100% COTTON ROPE TOYS are Strong and a Great Value for AVERAGE chewers. The Rope Toys all Float on Water for up to 10 Minutes - The Perfect Gift Pack Bundle Assortment!
- FOR THAT TRULY AGGRESSIVE CHEWER That Flies Through Cotton Rope Toys -> Introducing the "EVERLASTING DOG TOY!" We Have Yet to Find a Dog That Can Destroy Our New Tennis-Ball-Sized 100% All-Natural SOLID Food-Grade RUBBER BALL
- The WASHABLE NATURAL FIBERS of the Rope Toys Cleans Teeth and Massages Gums While Keeping Your Pup Busy Playing - Also Fights Plaque Build-Up
- SAFE FOR SUPERVISED INTERACTIVE CHEW PLAY - For Teething Puppies and Good Dental Health! Multipack Features Closed-Loop Handles and Rope Balls all in Vibrant Colors for a Variety of fun Tug of War Toss and Fetch Games
- Great Redirection for Preventing Bad Biting Behavior - Recommended for Small to Medium Dogs - Backed by the famous No-Hassle Lifetime Guarantee from Otterly Pets
One of the best things about this set is the wide variety of options that you will have to play with your dog. It can be hard to give heavy chewers an array of toys since they will destroy a lot of them, so this set solves that problem nicely.
Another good thing is that the rope is very tightly wound, so it is durable. Even after weeks of being chewed on, it’s unlikely that the rope will begin to be torn apart.
The plastic and rubber components of these toys are not nearly as strong as the rope is. This means that the plastic bits, such as the frisbee, will be ripped apart long before the rope is. You will need to watch for this and be careful about taking any broken pieces away from your dog so that they do not eat it.
4. The Company of Animals Boomer Ball
The The Company of Animals Boomer Ball is an interesting ball-type toy that can actually stand up to the stress that aggressive chewers put on their toys.
The Boomer Ball is a unique type of chewing toy that is shaped like a ball. Most chew toys are ropes or frisbee-type toys, so this one stands out because of its unique shape.
This ball toy comes in four different sizes, so you can get an excellent fit for any size dog that you might own. The ball itself is made out of polyethylene, so it will be very hard for a dog to rip it. The idea of this ball is that it is larger than the dog can carry in their mouth, so they will chew on it in place or roll it around while they play with it.
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE - The Boomer Ball is the ultimate tough toy and ideal for those ball-obsessed toy destroyers
- EXERCISE AND STIMULATION are promoted through the use of the Boomer Ball
- CHASE AND CONQUER - well-suited for high energy dogs who need a tough toy!
- CONSIDER SIZE - The toy is designed to not be picked up by the dog, so the ball should be a size bigger than the dog can carry
- HIGH QUALITY - This incredibly tough ball is made from polyethylene and means that most dogs can't puncture the ball or rip it to shreds!
This is one of the closest-to-indestructible toys on the market. The reason for that is a combination of two things: size and material. When you purchase this toy, you should get a size that is too big for your dog to carry.
When your dog cannot fully fit the ball inside of their mouth, it will be harder for them to destroy it. Additionally, the material is incredibly durable, so it will not wear out as quickly as some other ball toys.
Some dogs may simply not be interested in this toy. This is likely because they cannot pick it up and carry it around, so it is not as enticing for them to play with. If your dog does not like this toy, it will not be beneficial to you.
5. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Disc Toy
Finally, we’ve come to the West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Disc Toy. This disc-style toy is super fun for both you and your dog to play with without it getting destroyed.
This West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Disc Toy is a frisbee-style toy that comes in both a 6.5” and an 8.5” size. The materials used on this toy are soft when your dog chews it but still firm enough to throw like a frisbee. What is better is that the material doesn’t contain any dangerous chemicals that could harm your dog.
This particular toy has a 100% guarantee with the manufacturer against dog-caused damages. If your dog manages to destroy it, they will replace the toy for you.
- High-flying-fun frisbee that is perfect for fetch and floatable - Available in 6.5-Inch and 8.5-Inch
- Soft on dogs' mouths but flies like a hard plastic frisbee
- 100% Guaranteed against dog damage by Manufacturer
- Made in America, recyclable and dishwasher safe
- Safe. BPA-and-Phthalate-free, non-toxic and FDA compliant
This toy flies just like a real frisbee even though it is heavier than other frisbees. Getting used to the soft texture of the frisbee and the different weight can take time, but once you do, you will be able to play catch with it in the same way you would play with a regular frisbee. The big difference is that this one won’t snap so easily when your dog gets ahold of it!
The middle part of this frisbee toy is not as thick as the outside part of the toy, so it is possible that the middle will become punctured first. If this happens, you can simply remove the middle portion and continue to use the outer portion like a flying disc. Your dog will still love playing with it!
Choosing the right dog toy when you own a dog that loves to rip, tear, and chew through all of their toys can seem practically hopeless. When toy after toy continues getting destroyed by their aggressive mouth, figuring out what toy won’t get destroyed is hard.
Our buyer’s guide breaks down the parts of the toy that you should pay attention to when selecting something that can withstand this type of destruction. Using this guide, you should be better prepared to choose a toy that will last longer.
The first thing that you will want to pay attention to is how durable the toy is. The right toy will be made out of sturdy materials that can withstand and bounce back from even an aggressive play session.
Some toys will have durability ratings right on the packaging. Check to see if you can find any of this type of rating on the toy that you are thinking about purchasing.
If there is no rating, pull on different parts of the toy and see how sturdy it feels. Do you already feel like any parts are going to tear or come off?
If so, you will not want to choose that toy. Anything that feels like it cannot withstand some basic pulling will never survive a heavy chewer.
Any toy that you choose should be safe for your dog to play with even on a daily basis. This means that the toy should be made out of non-toxic and safe-to-chew materials. Additionally, it should not have any small parts that your dog would choke on if the parts fell off.
If you notice that your dog has somehow managed to begin destroying any toy that you give it, you should immediately take it away from them as it is not safe to allow them to continue to chew on something that is breaking into pieces.
It is, of course, important to choose a dog toy that is the right size for your dog. While many people falsely believe that only big dogs can be heavy chewers, that is simply not the case. If you have a little dog that can destroy a toy in just a few days, you will want to choose a small yet indestructible toy.
If you choose a toy that is too big or too small for your dog’s size, they will have trouble playing with it safely and comfortably so be sure to pay attention to this critical part of the toy.
The weight of the toy can affect how easily your dog can play with it. Similar to size, you will want to choose a dog toy that is a good weight for your dog to be able to pick it up, move it around, and play with it without any significant problems.
5. Health Benefits
Many durable dog toys actually have double bonus effects. In addition to being nearly indestructible and long-lasting, they may even help to keep your dog’s teeth and jaw healthy.
Look at the toy’s information to find out if there are any bonus health benefits offered by the toy. Some chew toys have a type of dental treatment in them which will improve the health of your dog’s teeth while they are chewing it. Having a benefit like this isn’t 100% necessary, but it is a nice bonus.
6. Proprietary Materials
The materials used to make the dog toy are primarily going to be what decides how durable it is. While we already mentioned the importance of choosing a toy with an excellent durability rating, we also want to mention that materials play a large part in this.
Most indestructible dog toys will be made out of one of the following materials:
- Double-knit rope
- Tough nylon
- Natural rubbers
The toys that will last the longest may even be made out of a combination of these materials. Basic plastics and cotton-based toys simply are not going to survive more than a few short weeks with your dog, so you should choose something made out of one of these materials instead.
Best Indestructible Dog Toys FAQs
1. How to Make Indestructible Dog Toys?
If you aren’t keen on buying a dog toy that you aren’t sure is going to last, you might want to try to put together some of your own toys! There are a few different methods out there such as tying an old rope into knots and letting your dog chew on that.
Even though these methods exist, we don’t recommend trying to make your own dog toys. While it can be a nice idea, you usually won’t save any money by doing this. Additionally, you need to be very sure that the toy will be safe for your dog.
Unless you have previous experience checking dog toys for safety, you might not know how to be sure. For that reason, we recommend buying a tried-and-tested toy. If, however, you still want to make your own toy, we recommend using new, clean rope and tying that into thick knots.
2. What Dog Toys Are Indestructible?
You’ve probably noticed a few times throughout this buyer’s guide and review article that not every toy we have included on this list of indestructible toys is actually indestructible according to the word’s definition.
The simple fact is that no toy is truly indestructible. Eventually, every toy will wear out!
The big difference between normal toys and indestructible toys is how long they will last. A normal toy might make it through just a few days with an aggressive chewer, while indestructible toys will last months or even years. Dog toys that are indestructible are those that will survive much chew and play sessions.
3. Are Kong Dog Toys Indestructible?
Kong Dog Toys are known to be a great brand for chew toys, but are these toys strong enough to stand up to tough teeth? No safe dog toy is truly indestructible, but many dog toys are made by Kong which have a high durability rating. This means that they will last a long time, even under pressure.
Kong Classic toys are the only chew-type toys that they sell, and these durable, rubber toys are rated for long usage. They’ll even help to correct the way that your dog chews so that they are less destructive as they chew.
4. What Are Good Indestructible Dog Chew Toys?
As seen in this buyer’s guide already, many different types of indestructible chew toys are great. If you haven’t seen one that appeals to you yet in our top five choices, check out one of these five options instead:
- Kong Classic Durable Chew Toy
- Playology Pebble Chew Toy (for puppies & senior dogs)
- Nylabone Dura Chew
- Mammoth Flossy Chews 5-Knot Rope
- KONG Extreme Dog Toy
5. Why Does My Dog Destroy Indestructible Toys?
While some toys are advertised as indestructible and we are even using the term here today, you have to understand that indestructible does not mean that you are never going to need to replace that toy. Again, in time, all toys are going to wear out.
No safe toy is going to be truly indestructible. If it was, it would be dangerous for your dog to chew. Instead, you want to think of indestructible dog toys as long-lasting dog toys. These toys should be something that your dog can use for a long time, but you should never expect a toy to last forever.
As you can see, there are many different options when it comes to choosing the best indestructible dog toys of 2019. When you’re trying to make your selection, remember the main categories that we added to our buyer’s guide today, and you’re sure to find the right fit for you and your dog in no time.
Among these top options, we have found that the Pacific Pups XL Rope Toys set is likely your best choice. In addition to being a good size for many different types of dogs, this set of toys is also very safe and durable. The variety of rope toys will also give your dog something different to play with from time to time.
If you don’t like rope toys, try the Rocco & Roxie Dog Toys Ball instead. This ball comes in two different sizes so that you can get the perfect fit for your dog. No matter what type of dog toy you ultimately decide to get for your dog, you’ll be glad to know it will last for longer than any other toy that they’ve previously destroyed!